For the past 16 years, Stephen Blandino has mentored young leaders through the process of discovering the good works which God has uniquely prepared for them to do. Stephen currently serves as lead pastor at 7 City Church in Fort Worth, Texas and as an adjunct professor at Southwestern Assemblies of God University. In today’s episode, Andrew interviews Stephen on his new book “Do Good Works: Am I Doing What I Was Made to Do?”.
Resources Recommended By Stephen:
Key Takeaways & Quotes:
- We don't have to have it our life purpose figured out out before we get started.
- Your job is not your purpose. Your purpose is not your job.
- “What makes God’s call sacred and Holy is not what the call is to but who the call is from”
- We should look at what we bring to the table and ask can a role be built around this? The more the role you're in is maximizing who god designed you to be the more your impact in that role is going to be.
- Calling is expressed in 4 different ways in Paul’s life. A Place. A Role. A People. A Task.
- A destiny marker is an event, experience, relationship or circumstance that either reminds you that God gives you a purpose for your life or gives you clues to what that life purpose might be. They are the activity of God in your past.
- Passion is the piece that is hardest for people to nail down. Passions are the fires that that don’t go out when others would otherwise douse them.
- There are 5 passion domains : Needs to meet, Problems I feel called to solve, People I feel moved to serve, Activities I crave to do, Interests I’m compelled to pursue.
- You can tell if you are passionate about something in the way you talk about it.
- “The only way to reach our dreams is to close the gap between who I am and who I need to be”
- “If your ministry has stopped growing, you’re probably the reason why. Either you need to personally change something that you are unwilling to change or you need to make a hard decision that you are unwilling to make that will affect someone else."